There are a few things that one needs to keep in mind with regard to documents before going for notarization:
- He/she must carry valid and photo identification proof along. The documents won’t be notarized unless otherwise.
- Do not sign the documents before taking it to the notary service. Only sign the document when asked by the notary in front of him/her. You might have to sign it again if signed prior for rectification.
- Carry an extra document for notarization, just in case.
- All the signers must be able to communicate in English. If the signer does not speak English please call prior to discuss.
- Bring credible witness if required. Make sure the witness is not physically impaired and does not have any financial interest.